[Newbies] New Project.

Jeffery Billing jeffery.billing at bigpond.com
Sat May 31 00:18:58 UTC 2008

I wish to re-write a 'basic' program (my own program) I am currently
using with a Squeak version. I cannot find examples of many of the
things I want to do in this program so can someone tell me if these
things are possible in Squeak and if so where I can maybe find examples.
The Project.
1. Have a screen that is bullet-proof in terms of 'leaving the program'
i.e. all keys disabled except specially programmed set of keys that only
I know. (So I can escape program when testing).
2. Have a photo (.bmp probably), text for photo and .wav file linked so
they can be downloaded together to form the 3 elements of the display.
These must be able to accessed randomly so will be in some sort of
database/direct access file system. It must be possible to enter new
Photo/Text/Wav data into system without access to main program.(i.e. not
hard coded into the Squeak program)
3. The photo will be displayed in top half of screen, the text will be
immediately beneath it - each character of the text displayed as a
'button' type letter and the 'text' will be spoken via .wav file as the
text is displayed.
4. The student will then type in each letter of the 'text' as shown. The
program will only accept the correct letter (Ignoring case or case
sensitive depending on a 'switch'). They will get aural feedback when
the correct letter is typed. When the word has been completed the
student will get a 'positive feedback response' either visual,aural or
both.
Hears hoping
Jeff Billing