[Newbies] Re: Bootable Squeak

David Zmick dz0004455 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 23:18:35 UTC 2008

Right, sorry for a delayed reply, but, That is a very good idea, I was
actually going to do that at one point, but I have no use for it, so I
decided not to(and I am still learning linux) you could use linux from
scratch! thats a good project

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Louis LaBrunda <Lou at keystone-software.com>
wrote:

> >SqueakNOS is not completely dead, however, it only supports serial mice.
> >And, to answer the question... I would use the slax squeak thing, or some
> >minimilized linux to run squeak on.  Then you could also easily change
> your
> >image you were running as well!
>
> I also like the idea of using a minimal linux to run squeak on.  Linux has
> a lot
> of developers supporting it on many platforms.  Why not build on their work
> and
> not redo that work by writing Squeak drivers for keyboards, mice and other
> devices.  Just hide Linux as best you can, use it for the low level stuff
> and
> have Squeak do everything else.
>
> Lou

David Zmick