[Newbies] Squeak dies when I click process browser

farnsworth2008 farnsworth2008 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 12:06:17 UTC 2008

I am new to small talk and new to squeak.

The first thing I am doing is exploring the user interface by clicking on
stuff.

Much of what I have seen is very cool and works well but I have also had
problems with the system freezing up and becoming unresponsive.

The image I am trying to use is:
sq3.10.2-7179dev08.11.1.image

I tried a couple of other images:
sq3.10.2-7179web08.11.1.image
SqueakLightII.7212.image

In all cases the image freezes up when I try to open the process browser.
The system also freezes up at other times.

I am using the term "freezes up" to describe the following collection of
symptoms:
1) The Mouse pointer moves fine
2) Applications other then the mouse are frozen (i.e. clock stops moving)
3) Dragging stuff around is not working
4) Buttons in all applications are not working

Basically the system seems totally frozen at this point such that the only
recovery is to shut down squeak and start again.

Does the community have any thoughts or tips?

-Mark