[Newbies] how do I get a change lost from all change sets back into a valid change set?

Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc. woods at planix.ca
Wed Nov 19 22:15:00 UTC 2008

How do I get a change lost from all change sets back into a valid
change set?  I made a change in a method in an existing system class,
but the change was done in a project and so showed up initially in the
project's change set and somehow in messing around relearning how to
use the change set sorter and the versions browser I managed to remove
the change from the project change set and now it doesn't appear in
any change set.  The versions button when viewing the method still
shows the changes though.

Also, how would I view a diff in "reverse" -- or in other words how
might I show the diff between the current and original?  The versions
browser seems to show things backwards to what I would consider to be
intuitive.  (oh, and the "compare to version..." menu gives me a debug
box)

Also how do I _really_ remove intermediate changes from the versions
of a method?  I don't want all my intermediate changes to be kept any
more -- just the original and my final version.  The "remove from
changes" menu doesn't do what I thought it would (which is probably
how I made the whole set of versions for the method disappear entirely
from the one and only change set it appeared in)

--
					Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
					<woods at planix.ca>