[Newbies] Coloring images with transparant parts

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Nov 22 00:58:33 UTC 2008

On 22.11.2008, at 01:15, Matthias Korn wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for your hints. I also found ColorForm>>replaceColor:with:  
> which
> does what you describe. But it is unfortunately not what I was looking
> for. I wasn't very clear in my original post:
> I (now) have a gray-scale image which I want to colorize, that is I
> want to change the hue of the image and not just replace a color with
> another (or floodfill for that matter).
> Hope you guys have some ideas. I tried searching with the Method  
> Finder,
> but my poor english didn't take me very far.

Use a color map. Your grayscale image could be 8 bits, so with a 256  
entries palette you can map that to any color(s) you want. Color maps  
are used in ColorForm, or directly with BitBlt.

- Bert -

More information about the Beginners mailing list