[Newbies] closed and open interval

Filip Malczak filet00 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 19:35:50 UTC 2008

2008/11/24 Cédrick Béler <cdrick65 at gmail.com>

> Interval -> "I represent a finite arithmetic progression."
> What about infinite arithmetic progression ? ;)
>
> Can a collection contain an infinite number of elements... ?
> [0 1[ could represent the collection of **all number** between 0 and 1
> excluded.
>

> Thanks
>

> --
> Cédrick

What do you need it for? As you can see in methods for Interval - there are
two tests for include : rangeIncludes and valueIncludes (includes is both of
them connected).
First checks if a number is beetween borders and second if its enumerated
(with stepping). In deed it contains both: finite and infinite progressions,
but just in special cases.
The question (already asked) is: what do you need it for?
--
Pozdrawiam:
Filip
mail: filet00 at gmail.com