[Newbies] Retrieve resources via HTTP alongside with the server's http parameters

Lothar Kaiser lkaiser at gmx-gmbh.de
Thu Oct 2 18:38:38 UTC 2008

Hi fellow-squeakers,

I was wondering how to retrieve content from a webserver (e.g. an
image) togehter with the server's http response parameters. When I
use HTTPClient/HTTPSocket I only get the MimeDocument containing the
content specified by the URL, additional response parameters are
dropped.

Is there an elegant way to get the content and all HTTP response
parameters in the same go? Since the content can be quite large, I
need to do the GET request only once..

Until now I ripped and modified HTTPSocket class >> #httpGetDocument:
url args: args accept: mimeType request: requestString    ,but this
is a rather dirty way of doing it.

Any ideas?

cheers,
Lothar