[Newbies] Fwd: Does seaside have any built in methods to tell components about their models?

Andy Burnett andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com
Fri Oct 3 02:49:18 UTC 2008

Oops, my finger slipped, and I hit send!

What I was trying to say is that this application will have several
different components, eg navigator, title bar, area for the discussion
threads etc. Each of these will need to know about the underlying
model. Ideally, I would like to make the components reuseable, so I am
looking for a good way to link them to the model.

My first thought was to simply add setModel: methods to each
component, but then it ocurred to me that perhaps the framework has
some sort of model propagation system, or a data bus that components
subscribe to.

If not, is my simple approach the way others would do it, or is there
a better way?

Cheers
AN