[Newbies] marking a package as installed

Aidan Gauland wgsilkie at ihug.co.nz
Tue Oct 7 22:54:10 UTC 2008

Hello,

  I've been trying to install Baloon3D, and I'm stuck on the package VMmaker.
  I can't get it with my slow dial-up connection, because the server keeps
disconnecting me after a while, so I had somebody with a high-speed Internet
connection get it for me.  Now when I install it with Monticello, the Universe
Browser doesn't know that it's installed, and tries to get it anyway (because
it's a dependency of Baloon3D).

  Is there a way I can mark VMmaker as installed for the Universe Browser?

Thanks,
Aidan