[Newbies] Porting an old app to a recent image

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 16:07:55 UTC 2008

Matthias Korn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there some documentation, help, tools, etc. to port a Squeak app
> written in SqueakV2.sources to a recent image?
>
> fileOut -> fileIn gives me all sorts of error messages I cannot
> understand/debug.
>
> I actually just want to port parts of the app to re-use the code. But
> it proofs really difficult for me
Hi,
in FileList you can try to look at the code with the CodeBrowser.
Select the file you want to load, press the code button, or select
browse code from the context menu.
This will load the code in a temporary way and you can browse it and see
the methods that change, and file in the parts you want.

Karl