[Newbies] custom halos

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Fri Oct 10 06:51:03 UTC 2008

You are facing the nonOOP aspect of certain ugly parts of queak.
The fact that halosmorph cannot be defined per class is striking. Nice
to have a kind of global var, this is were squeak lost OOP.
Once someone fixed that but it was never integrated (probably in 3.7
or 3.8 days).
For my book I wanted special halos and I had to hack the global
system. :(
Terribly sad.

Stef