[Newbies] learning Morphic

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Oct 10 15:16:11 UTC 2008

Hello Mark,

MV> Ah ... I didn't see that link before.
MV> I haven't run across .pr files yet. What opens those?

well, a project. You can think of a project like a switchable Linux
Desktop. World Menu, Open, Morphic Project opens a new one.

They can be nested, jumped to and deleted. And saved to .pr files.

So if you load your pluggableDemo.pr your desktop will be replaced by
that project. You get back via World Menu, previous project.

Each project carries its own changeset which gets the current cs when you
enter that (never used cs myself).

I use Squeak Projects to work on different aspects of my Software
projects.

For example in one Project I have Browsers, Workspaces, Inspectors of
my model classes while in another Project I might have Browsers on my
database connection classes.

Switching projects is faster than opening or expanding Browser
Windows.

--
Cheers,

Herbert