[Newbies] Re: [Seaside] Re: Squeak won't respond

xyz 42 xyzz42 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 14:51:45 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Markus Fritsche
<fritsche.markus at gmx.net> wrote:
> xyz 42 schrieb:
>
>> I am using Squeak 3.9 and Seaside 2.8.3 (I think).  I have a debug log
>> as well.  I am not sure when the log was created.  When I got this
>> problem, I tried to restore my changes first.  So I am not sure if the
>> log was created when I tried to restore my changes or when I had this
>> problem.
>
> Your log says that the last failed action was to try to remove method
> "initialize" of ErAdminComponent (which is nil). I am not sure if that
> log is connected to your problem.

Yes, when I restored my changes, I was missing ErAdminComponent (I am
not sure I restored the changes properly.  My changes file is around
11 MB and contains code dating 2001).  Also, some classes had their
parent changed as follows -

AnObsoleteErMenuComponent subclass: #ErWelcomeComponent
	instanceVariableNames: 'menu'
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''

(ErMenuComponent was the parent for ErWelcomeComponent).

However, I have set right all these problems and I am able to work
with other parts of the application just fine.  It is only when I try
saving a new user that the problem happens.