[Newbies] anti-aliased fonts.

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 22:33:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 9:16 AM, sergio <sergio at village-buzz.com> wrote:

> hi all..
>
> i just decided this week to learn squeak..
>
> actually, i am doing the following..
>
> learn squeak..
> learn smalltalk..
>
> with the end game to learn seaside..
>
> anyway..
>
> i was wondering if there was any way to make the fonts look a little nicer
> in squeak..
>
> i know it's kind of a gripe.. but it would be cool if i could get them to
> look pretty...

Well, with the whole system being open source, there is definitely a way,
but it probably isn't an easy way.

You can load new fonts using the file list. You can change the fonts used
using "appearance" -> "system fonts...".

However, as to using nice sub-pixel antialiased fonts on LCD screens, I
personally haven't managed to get this going (not that I've tried hard). I
find the default fonts readable enough, so it's never been an issue for me.

Anybody else? Is there a way to get sub-pixel antialiasing working?

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/