[Newbies] RE: following inheritance in Browser

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 05:17:07 UTC 2008

[Newbies] following inheritance in Browser

***
>Mark Volkmann mark at ociweb.com
>Wed Oct 29 01:30:25 UTC 2008
>

>When I'm browsing a class and want to examine details of its
>superclass, I highlight the superclass name and press ctrl-b to view
>it in a new Browser. Is there a way to make it browse the superclass
>in the same Browser instead of opening a new one?

I can't speak for the omnibrowser. I don't use it.
The regular browser has a "inheritance" button on the menu bar.
It brings up a hierarchical browser.
The inheritance chain is in the class list.

The other useful thing for seeing the hierarchy
 is to press the ? button up to three times.
That button is between the instance and class button in the class pane.
The ? button cycles thru the class comment, class definition,
 and a rather useful display of the hierarchy.
It lists the ivars that come with each class.

Yours in service and curiosity, --Jerome Peace

PS. If we ever collect the answers to all your questions
 I think 80% of our documentation chores will be accomplished.
Keep up the good work.

Cheers --Jer