[Newbies] Alternative input devices, like wiimote?

Rick van der Zwet rick at wzoeterwoude.net
Wed Oct 29 08:48:01 UTC 2008

2008/10/29 Rich White <rich.lynn.white at gmail.com>:
> Might find these projects of interest - http://edusim3d.com
> ... this video using wiimote/interactive whiteboard -
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ohaE8qJYuo   &
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDSbYY_3yPM

Projects looks really cool and can give us some hints on how to send
navigation signals trough objects. However there navigation is still
based on arrow buttons and does not take the full blown joystick
movement into action, which we are looking for :-).

There does not exists a X,Y,Z axis device which for example controls
the movement of the avatar. We are looking on ways on translation
external events into the squeak environment and convert them into
movement.

/Rick
--
http://rickvanderzwet.nl