[Newbies] Morphic Layout

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 20:50:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Gauland, Michael <
Michael.Gauland at airways.co.nz> wrote:

>  Can anyone help me learn the 'modern' way of laying out morphs? I'm
> trying to create a stack-based ('RPN') calculate in Squeak (more as a way of
> learning the language and environment than because the world needs another
> calculator). I've been digging through 'Squeak: Open Personal Computing and
> Multimedia", which is a bit dated. The section on Morphic recommends using
> 'AlignmentMorph', but the comments for this class (in Squeak 3.10) suggest
> it is no longer needed.
>

> So, what is the best way to layout a set of morphs? At least for now, all I
> need is a grid of buttons, that will look sensible when the parent
> calculator morph is resized.

Just use AlignmentMorph.

I don't understand any of the comments about it being deprecated.
AlignmentMorph is still used throughout the image and works well enough.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/