[Newbies] Re: Binary file I/O performance problems

David Finlayson dfinlayson at usgs.gov
Fri Sep 5 22:12:33 UTC 2008

Coastal and marine geology, USGS. But this isn't an official project.
Just a pipe dream of mine right now. I am not even sure I am competent
enough to pull it off by myself. However, I figure the best way to get
support for this is to build a semi-working prototype and then show it
off and see what happens.

I do wish Cog were further along though. Without Croquet, VW isn't
really an option. I don't know if other languages support the 3D
collaboration that Croquet promises. Meanwhile, I need to learn more
Smalltalk.

David