[Newbies] still don't understand how to get rid of obsolete classes and bad references

Freeman Mayberry fmayb02 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 23:23:06 UTC 2008

I have been messing around with the obsolete classes in my image and no
matter how many times I Garbage collect , set things to nul, clear command
histories and numbers of other things I have tried they don't go away.   I
have read the cleaning up junk article on the wiki along with others.

>From what I understand the classes stick around because something is
referencing them.  How ever when I find an object that is referencing the
obsolete class and set that reference to nul, accept the changes it seems
like it just comes back later.  Am I supposed to set it to nil from
something other than an inspector.  Why can't I see the obsolete classes in
the system browser.

--
Freeman Mayberry