[Newbies] Testing morphs

Ian J Cottee icottee at bluefountain.com
Thu Sep 11 07:42:44 UTC 2008

Hi all

I've made some progress with my Connectors development. I can see now
how I can find out what arrows are connected to what boxes and where
they are going. I think ;). And I have now built some subclasses which
extend this behaviour for my own purposes. Of course, to test this I
should write some tests to prove it. This poses me with a problem.
What I do in my user interface is simple - drag a box out, drag
another box out and then drag an arrow and connect it to the two of
them. But what is simple to do seems to me to be very hard to test,
just from a point of view of knowing what's actually happening when I
do such things in the UI.

What I think I want is a list of all messages that are being sent when
I do those things, then I can capture those messages and build my unit
tests around them. How can I do that? Or is there another way of
testing such things? I'd hoped to gain some knowledge from the
Connectors unit tests but there don't seem to be any :-( ... is this
an indication that such things are hard to do ?

Many thanks again

Ian