[Newbies] What do the symbols, next to methods,
in the OmniBrowser system browser mean?
andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com
Thu Sep 18 19:26:28 UTC 2008
I have only just started to use the OB based browser and I can't find much
in the way of documentation. Looking through the methods, and their
hierarchy it seems as though the following applies:
- Nothing: new method in this chain, i.e. the method could exist in other
classes but not in this particular chain of inheritance.
- Upward orange triangle: method is inherited and overridden in this
- Downward orange triangle: method is overridden in a subclass
- Two orange triangles (up and down): overrides and is overridden in a
- Green up arrow: calls the same method in its super class
- Blue triangle: Self should not implement or subClassResponsibility
- Green plus: don't know, can't work this one out
- Red flag: has a halt message in the code
- Spanner: shows that the code needs to be returned to, i.e. under
So, is my understanding correct? What does the green plus symbol mean,
and... is there anyway to get the browser to display all the methods an
object responds too, i.e. its fully inherited list?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Beginners