[Newbies] squeak startup script

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Sep 26 19:11:31 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Volkmann <mark at ociweb.com> writes:

Mark> I see discussions on the web about starting squeak from a terminal
Mark> window using "squeak -headless", but I don't have a squeak script.
Mark> "which squeak" turns up nothing. I'm using Squeak3.10.2. Where can I get
Mark> that startup script?

If you navigate with your Terminal.app inside your installed "VM", you'll see
inside the ".app" directory a subdirectory called "Contents", and below that a
"MacOS", and below that an executable.  That executable can be hardlinked to
anywhere in your $PATH (like /usr/local/bin) as the name "squeak", and it it
will work as advertised for "unix" platforms.