[Newbies] method naming advice

Mark Volkmann mark at ociweb.com
Fri Sep 26 19:49:37 UTC 2008

On Sep 26, 2008, at 2:42 PM, John McKeon wrote:

> One newbie to another - YES LOL  Just kidding
>
> If it were me.....I would look for something already in Squeak -
> like XMLElement  in the XML-Parser category - and either use it
> straight out of the box or subclass it. (Notice it already has
> attributeAt: attributeName put: attributeValue)

The reason I don't want to do that is that I'm porting a library I
wrote to Smalltalk. I've already implemented it in Java and Ruby.
Other people are working on Perl, C# and JavaScript implementations.
If you're interested, you can read about it at http://www.ociweb.com/
wax.

I'm not necessarily expecting that the Smalltalk world will gravitate
toward using my library. For now I'm doing it mainly for the learning
experience.