[Newbies] Getting at the squeak beneath eToys?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Apr 8 20:05:07 UTC 2009

On 08.04.2009, at 20:37, Steinar Bang wrote:

> Is there a way to get at the underlying squeak system when working
> in an
> eToys image?  I've looked for menu entries to on open a System
> Browser,
> but I haven't found any.

Various ways:

- Disable the etoyFriendly preference to get the regular world menu
when you click. The preferences tool is in the supplies flap, object
catalog, alphabetic, P category.

- Or, press control-comma (maybe alt-comma depending on platform).
This brings up the "view source" menu like the special key on the OLPC
XO.

- Or, press Alt-Shift-W to bring up the world menu.

- Bert -