[Newbies] purge of graphics objects

Scott Wallace madevu at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 28 16:28:27 UTC 2009

On Apr 28, 2009, at 8:44 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> At Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:51:25 +0200,
> antonio wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Sometimes the size of a project does not reduce after the deletion
>> of a graphic object.
>> How can I purge definitively the space of this object?
>
>  Are you using the Etoys image or some other images?  And you are
> concerned about the resulting .pr file size, right?
>
>  In a fairly recent Etoys image, if there is no reference to the
> object (via scripts or variables), it should usually work fine.  The
> definitive way is a bit technical and laborious...
>
> -- Yoshiki

Hi, Antonio,

One thing to try is "attempt misc repairs," found in the "authoring
tools" menu.  In some images you may need to have the eToyFriendly
preference turned off to see this item.

And if you have a project that remains inexplicably bloated, please
email it privately to one or more of the usual Etoys developers, and
we'll be happy to have a look and see what we can find.

   -- Scott