[Newbies] Re: Win98SE + Squeak?

Leandro Juarez leandroo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:21:24 UTC 2009

When i try to run Squeak3.10.2-7179-basic.image with the lastest squeak
available to download from squeak.org I get a Squeak Warning window
claiming: Image File Read problem (0 out of 4 bytes read) with three
buttons:

Abort
Retry
Omitir (sorry don't remember the English translation  for that word)

Many thanks.

Leandro

On 8/3/09, Benjamin L. Russell <DekuDekuplex at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 01:25:50 -0300, Leandro Juarez <leandroo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi there. I'm Leandro from Rosario, ARG, and I'm trying to run the latest
> >version of Squeak from a machine that is running on WIN98SE. But it
> doesn't
> >work at all. Any idea why? It's a celeron 900mhz with 284 Mb RAM.
> >
> >I tried to run on an IBM Thinkpad 600E, and it doesn't work also.
> >
> >I would appreciate if anyone tells me which version of squeak should I try
> >with.
>
> What are the exact symptoms that you are experiencing?
>
> -- Benjamin L. Russell
> --
> Benjamin L. Russell  /   DekuDekuplex at Yahoo dot com
> http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
> Translator/Interpreter / Mobile:  +011 81 80-3603-6725
> "Furuike ya, kawazu tobikomu mizu no oto."
> -- Matsuo Basho^

Leandro Juarez
leandroo at gmail.com