[Newbies] Re: Win98SE + Squeak?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Aug 6 06:42:15 UTC 2009

Leandro -

The Win95 family of products (Win95, Win98, WinME) are no longer
supported by the latest Win32 Squeak VMs. This became necessary when we
switched to full Unicode compatibility in the VM (support for Unicode is
sparse to non-existent on these Windows variants). If you absolutely
must use Win98, try the 3.7.x family of VMs - they were an
extraordinarily stable branch that did support Win98 and friends.

However, unless you also use 3.7/3.8 based images there will be some
compatibility issues (the precise extent of which I am not certain about
since I've never tried it). Good luck.

Cheers,
   - Andreas