[Newbies] Help me FileIn

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sun Aug 16 02:34:11 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Overcomer" == Overcomer Man <overcomer.man at gmail.com> writes:

Overcomer>  Somehow the design of Squeak omits "fileIn" from the same menu as
Overcomer> "fileOut" so it's hard to know what works on fileOut is going to
Overcomer> work on fileIn.  I'm trying to convert software written in another
Overcomer> Smalltalk and it would help to file it in.  At least adopting each
Overcomer> class to Squeak's fileIn format would be easier than copying in
Overcomer> every method one at a time.  So please help me fileIn.  Thanks.

The starting point for a fileOut is a class or package.  Hence, fileOut
appears there.

The starting point for a fileIn is a filename, from a file/directory browser.
Hence, fileIn appears there.

Does that help?