[Newbies] How to introspect method instance variables

rdmerrio rdmerrio at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 02:16:16 UTC 2009

I have defined a method, i.e.,

someMethod
    anInstVariable := anotherInstVariable1 + anotherInstVariable2.

I would like to intercept the acceptance of this method by the browser
and programatically determine what instance variables this method is
using so that I can grab these names for other processing tasks.

Additionally, I would really like to be able to determine what instance
variables are being assigned to, for instance, anInstVariable in this
case and which ones are the "independent" instance variables,
anotherInstVariable1 and anotherInstVariable2 in this case.

How can I do this?

Thanks