[Newbies] Getting the refactoring menu
shouse.patrick at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 17:52:18 UTC 2009
Tim Rowe-2 wrote:
> Smalltalk By Example says that I get a refactoring menu if I load the
> AST and RefactoringBrowser packages. I can't work out how to do that,
> though. I managed to find in the package universe browser, and have
> installed it, but I can't find the RefactoringBrowser package there. I
> can find it on SqueakSource, but I have no idea how to load it from
> Can anybody help?
> Tim Rowe
> Beginners mailing list
> Beginners at lists.squeakfoundation.org
1. Copy the text from the web page for Refactoring Browser from the
2. In Squeak, open Monticello Browser (you find it under Tools on the menu
3. Click the "+Repository" button.
4. Select the HTTP as type from the list of repository types.
5. Paste the text from your clipboard into the field below "Repository
6. Click Accept.
7. You should now see "http://squeaksource.com/rb" in the left pane of the
Monticello Browser window. It should already be selected. Click Open (in the
Monticello Browser menu).
8. The Repository window will open displaying a list of packages on the left
and source code bundles for the selected package on the right. The bundles
are sorted most recent first. So, select the first one (in this case
"AST-core-lr.34.mcz and click Load.
9. Repeat step 8 for each package in the repository.
Hope that helps.
View this message in context: http://n4.nabble.com/Getting-the-refactoring-menu-tp965262p965423.html
Sent from the Squeak - Beginners mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Beginners