[Newbies] Bitmap-Arrays to large for "contents"

Hans Gruber rukin at web.de
Tue Dec 22 02:17:33 UTC 2009

Hi Squeak-Fans!

I am new in programming squeak an I have the following problem:

I want to integrate bitmap-arrays in my project for the images used in it. To get the elements for my bit-map array I used:

| image stream |
image := ColorForm fromFileNamed:
'/path/to/picture/icon.gif'.
stream := WriteStream with: String new.
image storeOn: stream.
stream contents.

By inspecting contents I can copy & paste its elements to the corresponding methods for the image. The Problem now is, that some of my images generate more bitmap-code elements than "contents" can display. Do you have an Idea how may copy&paste all the elements of the Stream!? I tried Seaside WAFileLibrary and pasted the generated methods, but WAFileLibrary returns byte-arrays, which can't be interpretet within the squeak form of *Morph.

So does anybody of you have an Idea and may help me?

Thanks,
Regards.