[Newbies] Check wheater an instance of a class is actually there or not

Hans Gruber rukin at web.de
Wed Dec 23 01:59:55 UTC 2009

Hi Squeak Community!

as mentioned above im am totally new in Squeak Programming and I found very good tips here already, thanks for that!

Now to my question:

How may I check wheater an instance of a class (in my case MyFileLibrary) has been created and exists at the time I check it.

(MyFileLibrary = nil) is always false.

I need this, because wenn an Instance of MyFileLibrary exists at the checking time, I want to proceed with an other method than I want to proceed with when an instance of MyFileLibrary does not exists.

Can anybody help me?

Regards.