[Newbies] String construction and replacement

Sebastian Nozzi sebnozzi at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 2 15:09:29 UTC 2009

No, actually no.

But the background to my question (which I didn't mention since it
doesn't belong to this list) is that I was dealing with a Seaside
issue in which one string's newlines came back with CR+LF (carriage
return and line feed) and under other conditions it came back as
having LF+LF.

I wanted to construct a String for these exact sequences and do the
appropriate replacement (that is replace all LF+LF ocurrences for
CR+LF).

I am very glad that in Smalltalk it's possible to write a
string-literal like you did (with a newline in-between).