[Newbies] Can I implement it with squeak?

Filip Malczak filet00 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 10:16:29 UTC 2009

I'd say yes. Just read 'bout Croquet and Cobalt:
http://www.opencroquet.org/
http://www.duke.edu/~julian/Cobalt/Home.html
Im almost 100% sure that they are written in Squeak, or at least in
Smalltalk. I cant really remember, but I know that there is a library for 3d
graphics, and interaction is just question od coding 3d animations linked
with user actions.

2009/2/8 Yahoo <zstefania at yahoo.gr>

> Hello,
> I have just started exploring the squeak because I want to implement a
> specific application (see below)
> but I am not 100% sure if I can do it with squeak although it seems very
> potential! Let me explain the project I have in my mind.
>
> I want to design an educational game where in the virtual learning
> environment
> an animated character (tutor) will teach and interact with the learner (I
> will design an educational scenario with specific leanring goals).
> I want my tutor (animated persona)  be expressive and vivid (need 3d
> graphic routines) and the most important is that I want my tutor to be able
> to interact with the learner.
> For example if the tutor diagnoses low engagement it will have a proper
> feedback.
>
> My question is if this implementation is possible with squeakt. I don't a
> need simply an animation software to built a character
> but I want my animated persona to interact with the learner
> (character-human interaction) and all this stuff should be work real
> time....
> So my questions can be summurized as: Can I build an animated character
> that will be able to interact with the user in real time?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Stefanie

Pozdrawiam:
Filip