[Newbies] Preference Browser ...

Josef Vukovic josefvukovic at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 24 16:28:55 UTC 2009

2009/2/23, GeertC <geert.wl.claes at gmail.com>:

> As most people here I consider myself to be still new to Smalltalk.

So am I ,too.

> I would like to find out how the Preference Browser works and would
> appreciate if someone could point me to a brief overview of its design?
> --

I fear there is no written overview, I don't found any link.
If you open the Preference Browser and make a yellow-click halos will appear.
red-click on the debug halo, this opens a menue where you can choose
to inspect the
morph if you are interestet in the gui design or you can chosse to
inspect the model

furthermore you can look in the classes which belongs to the
preference browser and look
at all the code wiht the System Browser. They are in the category
"PreferenceBrowser"

Why are you interested in the Preference Browser, if you choose an
other squeak application namely IRCe in which I am interested we can
examine it together? only a thought. :-)
Josef