[Newbies] Which environment?

Steve Wessels swessels1955 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 19:32:47 UTC 2009

Thanks for the feedback.

- Steve

On Jan 10, 2009, at 11:43 AM, "Ryan Zerby" <tahognome at gmail.com> wrote:

I'm doing your tutorial now, with Squeak3.10.2-7179-basic. The only
issues I've had with it when I do something wrong, like an infinite
loop in the mouse handling routines... .BAM. 7 zillion debuggers.

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
Hello Steve,

SW> The concerns I have over which environment to use goes like this:
<snipped concerns>

In addition I think the environment should be in wide use too. So that
people who already have Squeak can do the tutorial without downloading
another variant of Squeak.

SW> I've restarted writing two chapters in my updated tutorial
SW> more than once now because I keep doubting which choice is optimal.

If you could make sure at least the code runs in as many versions as
possible that would be great.

Cheers,

Herbert