[Newbies] squeak locks up on windows / now with Croquet, similar but different problem...

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 02:57:19 UTC 2009

The virus part rang a bell for me. From the list in 2007 (Ramon Leon
mentioned in the thread that he couldn't get Squeak to run well on Vista:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-May/117397.html

"I had the same problem when running Squeak on Vista. It turned out that it
was due to NOD32 anti-virus checking the changes file when it was written
to. Disabling the .CHANGES extension in NOD32 fixed the problem, and now
Squeak runs fine."

Hope this is it.