[Newbies] Re: Which environment

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Tue Jan 13 17:45:24 UTC 2009

On Jan 10, 2009, at 3:15 PM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:

> I would think synchronizing with SBE would make sense.

Yes you could use the SBE image. Because we got a lot of problem
with the IDE changes in squeak-dev and friends.

> I don't know what they
> are planning, but would guess they're waiting for the Pharo 1.0.

What we are planning is the following:
	- we are happily writing quite cool chapters for the second volume
	(I asked my co-authors that we publish the early versions but
apparently we got distracted).
	We have seaside, regex, exception, metaprog., installer and others
chapters as well.

	- we will probably write Pharo by Example volume two and update
Squeak by Example as
	Pharo by Example volume one but we will see.

Stef