[Newbies] squeak locks up on windows [case closed] -- it is looking stable now!

Cameron Sanders csanders.personal at functional-analyst.com
Tue Jan 13 22:46:29 UTC 2009

Thanks, I will keep an eye on the virus scanner.

Just to provide some closure.

1.	In the case of world-menu loss in Croquet, it turns out that I was
occasionally loading themes for eToys, but not reaching for the root menus
right away. See
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-January/133538.h
tml
2.	For the case of the Pharo image, I believe I was using a 3.10VM. I
have been running an image today (Pharo, with Cassou's latest updates,
although I am using the "Core" image as a starting point) with VM 3.9.1 .
and it has run all afternoon without a glitch - I haven't been coding the
fulltime, but I am still impressed, as this is what one expects.

Thanks to all of you who offered helpful advice. And thanks to all Squeak
contributors. very nice!

-Cam