[Newbies] Re: [DOCS][Q] How to certify authorship for contributions to the Squeak Swiki? [Was: Re: User account for squeak wiki.squeak.org]

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:05:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Benjamin L.
Russell<DekuDekuplex at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would recommend registering a domain name using a free provider,
> then registering that domain name through them to use their services
> for free.
>
> I've run out of time for today, but I could check for free domain name
> registering separately next week if nobody else knows of a reputable
> and reliable free domain name registration service.

I think you would be doing *all* of this on your own initially. Once
you moved created enough momentum showing the new wiki was better than
the old wiki, you will attract followers. Over time, the new wiki
would naturally replace the old.

For me, when I'm really concerned about getting credit for my writing,
I post to my blog.

I'm going to continue contributing to the old wiki, signing my name
where I want to leave attribution. But, if something better comes
along, I'll happily contribute there.