[Newbies] Contents of Transcript

Cédrick Béler cdrick65 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 14:22:56 UTC 2009

Just playing around. This is probably not thread safe and also not
nice but here it is.

I added an inst var log (maybe subclass would be better) and then
changed endEntry like below  :

endEntry
	"Display all the characters since the last endEntry, and reset the stream"
	accessSemaphore critical:[
		self changed: #appendEntry.
		log ifNil: [log := WriteStream new].
		log nextPutAll: stream contents.
		stream reset
	].

actualEntry
      ^log contents

It actually log whats written programaticaly to the transcript but not
what's written directly in it (like in a workspace).

hth,

Cédrick

2009/7/30 Guillaume Grondin <grondin at ensm-douai.fr>:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to fileout the content of Transcript. But it doesn't seem to be
> possible because "Squeak Transcript (different from VW Transcript) is the
> stream of not yet appened text" (nicolas cellier). (How about pharo ?)
>
> One solution seems to be to add a dependent to Transcript and log stuff on
> "updated: #appendEntry". Is there a more practical solution ?
>
> Regards,
>  Guillaume Grondin
>
> previous discussion on this matter :
> http://marc.info/?l=squeak-dev&m=119282200100489&w=2
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/squeak-list/2498160
>
>> On Saturday 20 October 2007 3:00 am, nicolas cellier wrote:
>>
>>> Transcript must now be viewed as a TranscriptingService you'll have to
>>> subscribe to... For that reason I would rather call it a Subscript!
>

> --
> Guillaume GRONDIN (Dr)
> Ph.D in Computer Science
> Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.