[Newbies] Network Game - Server Client Approach

Martin Bleichner bleichner.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 06:56:12 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I am still looking for a way to program my network game (four players on
four different computers collaboratively control the direction of one
object, each is responsible to move the object in one of four directions.)
I guess one solution would be a server-client approach.
Each client sends a value to the server, the server collects the input of
the four clients and returns the input of all four to each client.

I figured that using the Komhttpserver package I can easily run a server.

My problem is now is the communication between clients and server.
How can I send a value from each client to the server and get back the
inputs from all clients?

Thanks a lot
Martin

This is how I run my server.

| ma |
ma := ModuleAssembly core.
ma serverRoot: FileDirectory default fullName.
ma documentRoot: FileDirectory default fullName.
ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
ma serveFiles.
(HttpService startOn: 8080 named: 'httpd') plug: ma rootModule