[Newbies] squeak eToys on the Acer Aspire One w/Linpus linux?

Steinar Bang sb at dod.no
Mon Jun 8 12:06:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just bought my kids (7 and 8 years old) Acer Aspire One netbooks
with Linpus linux.

I've found this useful link, that helped me "unlock" the Linpus, to
let me install other applications (e.g. TuxType2 and TuxPaint).
	http://the.taoofmac.com/media/Acer/Aspire%20One/AA1notes.html

However, neither squeak, nor eToys, were in the list of available
applications in the installaller.

A quick google search hasn't given me any obvious solutions.

Has anyone on the list tried something similar?  Linpus is Fedora based,
but I'm not sure of the version (probably fairly old, though.  The
bundled Firefox is a 2.xx version).

Pointers welcome!

Thanx!

- Steinar