[Newbies] Getting Squeak to speak

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Jun 28 18:38:34 UTC 2009

On 28.06.2009, at 19:35, James O'Brien wrote:

> Hi Prashanth,
>
> Thank you for the advise. I tried to install the Speech.sar using
> SqueakMap Package Loader but get error messages. I guess the sar not
> compatable with the version of Squeak I’m using (3.10.2).

No, the install script in the SAR actually contains 7 changesets but
only installs 6 of them. Strange.

File in the attached file (which I extracted from the SAR) first, then
install the Speech package again. Worked fine in 3.10 for me.

Extracting a file from a SAR is simple - it's just a renamed ZIP file
if you want to have a look.

- Bert -