[Newbies] how to create multiple colorforms from a master colorform

mstramba mikestramba at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 19:38:22 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I have a ColorForm create from  : (Form fromFileNamed: cards).

It's an 840x504x8  png file of a deck of playing cards, i.e. showing all the
cards.

I want to create individual ColorForms, each representing one playing card
from the 'master' colorform.

So I guess I need to (in a loop) extract a rectangular area of pixels from
the original ColorForm and then create a new colorform from those extracted
pixels.

I'm looking at the ColorForm, ImageMorph, Form .. and other superlcasses
methods, but haven't figured out which combination of methods I need to use.

Mike