[Newbies] Help me on Squeak

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Thu Mar 12 09:19:47 UTC 2009

Hi

(Enno sent me the project, but I couldn't load it, neither in 3.8 nor
in the actual squeakland image.
You normally want to use the squeakland.org version when playing with
etoys, but I understand that there is another fork in Spain from
Diego, so which image is it based on? Where would I find it?)

>   I want to move a small picture called bolo (cake) to the mouth...
> than
>   it would stop there for 1 minute,

As far as I know you need to program the "wait for n seconds"
yourself. :-/
Sth. along the lines of storing the number of seconds in a text (or
variable), counting down by one each second (script is ticking), and
starting the next script, when done. (take care with the difference
between startScript and do in the scripting category,
the former runs the other script once, the latter makes the other
script ticking!)

Moving itself can be done easily by "move toward" in the motion
category.

Have fun,

Markus