[Newbies] Are the arguments of a URL encrypted when you make an HTTPS connection?

Andy Burnett andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com
Sat Mar 14 20:14:00 UTC 2009

I had a brilliant idea today! Instead of bothering with authentication, I
would use unguessable URLs (and/or arguments) for my application - yes I
know it is hardly unique, but it might solve a problem for me.

Anyway, after recovering form the shock of my idea, I suddenly realised it
would be completely useless if the URL is transmitted in plain text.  Does
anyone know when the encryption in an SSL session actually kicks in?  And is
there anything I can set on WAKom to ensure that the URL is protected?

Cheers
Andy