[Newbies] Are the arguments of a URL encrypted when you make an HTTPS connection?

Kyle Hamilton aerowolf at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 20:49:35 UTC 2009

TLS is negotiated on the channel before any data is sent on the
channel (RFC 2818).  Other protocols, most notably ESMTP, use a
STARTTLS mechanism to negotiate the initiation of the TLS encryption.

"Security through obscurity" isn't secure.  If nothing else, remember
that the client machine is outside of your domain, and you cannot be
certain in any way that the VM your application is running in hasn't
been compromised.

-Kyle H