[Newbies] Setting up a squeak on a Ubuntu system

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 09:49:57 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 25 Mar 2009 11:49:12 am Jerome Peace wrote:
> I am ignorant in how to tell my Ubuntu 8.04 system how to connect an image
> file with a squeak vm. (E.G. the vm that runs the installed etoys for
> example.)
Right click on the squeak image and select properties. You will get a
multi-sheet dialog where you can add squeak as the app for this type of file,
its icon etc.

Ubuntu desktop manager used mime specs and *.desktop files to associate
applications with filetypes. See sec 5.5. in
 http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/2.26/

HTH .. Subbu