[Newbies] Setting up a squeak on a Ubuntu system

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 21:59:13 UTC 2009

Hi Bert,

I had no problems with the basic etoy installation. It worked as you said. With your hint as to how to get to the world menu I can do basic stuff in it.

I am trying to install the etoys-dev stuff somewhere. And reached the block caused by my ignorance and the learning threshold for doing things on ubuntu.

So thanks to you and Mike, Dave, and Subbu for the clues. I have usually found that ignorance is best removed gently. So I am pushing but giving things time to sink in.

Thanks for the help.

Yours in curiosity, -Jer